These are Neat

Okay, real quick post here. I just added The Mighty Atom to my blogroll. It's the blog for John Harper, author of that Agon game I reviewed earlier. His blog has some good posts on gaming, but what I want to point out here are the games in the left side bar. In addition to Agon, which you can buy as a PDF or regular book (and I highly recommend you do), you can also get three quick, clever little games for free. That's right, free. They're called "Lady Blackbird", "Ghost/Echo", and "The Mustang" in descending order of complexity (and "Lady Blackbird Weighs in at a hefty 16 pages, 13 of which are character sheets).

The idea behind all of these is that they give you a very specific starting scenario, very simple rules, and more or less pre-defined characters and you go with it, and they go in cool directions. The very brevity is inspiring, and the elegance is pretty neat. I can't wait to give them a try, and I've been thinking about them pretty intently since I read them last night. Check em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment